Pages

Oh my beloved don’t ask me about my first love

English Translation Of MUJH SE PAHLI SI MUHABBAT ........
By Abdus Samad Shaikh

Oh my beloved don’t ask me about my first love
I believe while you existed, so did this shinning life

I feel your pain; the grief of the world has no value
From your face the spring season attains its splendor

Apart from your eyes what else in world has any worth
If I found you then the fortune would bow down to me

It was not that, but I desire it to be like that

There are other pains in this world apart from love
As there are other comforts than comforts of delights

Countless centuries of dark, dreadful, mystical
Woven in Silk, satin, brocade

Everywhere in the street and market bodies are being sold
Draggled in dust, in blood stained

Retrieved bodies, seems to be from oven of diseases
Flowing puss from decaying ulcers

I can’t help taking second look but I’m helpless
Your beauty still captures me but I’m helpless

There are other pains in this world apart from love
As there are other comforts then comforts of delights

Oh my beloved don’t ask me about my first love

ORIGINAL VERSION:


Mujh se paheli si mohabbat mairi mehboob na mang
Mainay samjha tha ke tu hy to darkhshan hy hayat

Tera gham hy to gham-e dahr ka jhagda kiya hy
Teri surat se hy aalm-me baharon ko sabaat

Tairy aankhon ke siva dunya me rakha kiya hy
Tu jo mil jayae to taqdeer nigun hojayae

Yun na tha, menay faqt chaha tha youn ho jayae

Aur bhi dukh hain zamanay me mohabbat ke siva
Rahatain aur bhi hain vassal ki rahat ke siva

Unginat sadyun ke tarik behimanah tilsm
Reshm v atlas, va kmkhab me bunvayae huvay

Ja bja biktay huvay kucha v bazaar me jism
Khak me litharay huvay khun me nehlayae huvay

Jism niklay huvay imraz ke tannuron se
Pip behtee hui galtay huvay nasuron se

Lot jatee hy oothar ko bhi nazar kiya kijjayae
Ab bhi dilkash hy tera husn magar kiya kijyae

Aur bhi dukh hain zamanay me mohabbat ke Siva
Rahtain aur bhi hain vasl ki raahat ke Siva
Mujh se pehli si mohabbat meri mehboob na mang..!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's very beautiful message... Good poetry.

I would like to invite you to participate of our anthology in Brazil. It's an international book. Several poets and writers in general are together in our project.
Come on!
My e-mail is brunoteenager@gmail.com
Link: www.novacoletanea.blogspot.com

Infotainment said...

Zabardast written & the selection of Pictures was Awesome Waiting for your next bomb.Woww

Anonymous said...

Lovely, you; just lovely.

Larger than Life said...

thank you so much both of you

Larger than Life said...

thanx bruno i have visited your blog

Kathleen Frangeskos said...

Hello Zindagi,

What a beautiful poem...so full of emotions with beautiful pictures too...very deep and intense!
Keep touching our hearts!

Sincerely

Share