- You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act.
- The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want.
- Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.
- Life is a foreign language; all men mispronounce it.
- The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
- Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song,
A medley of extemporanea;
And love is a thing that can never go wrong;
And I am Marie of Romania.
- It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over.
- Life is just one damned thing after another.
- Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep.
- Life is something that everyone should try at least once.
- Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.
- Life is a long lesson in humility.
- Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
- The secret of a good life is to have the right loyalties and hold them in the right scale of values.
- Life is a fatal complaint, and an eminently contagious one.
- Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about.
- Life is a zoo in a jungle.
- Life is a sexually transmitted disease.
- The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
- Life is just a bowl of pits.
- Life is like playing a violin in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
- We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
- The unexamined life is not worth living.
- Life is an unbroken succession of false situations.
- Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act.
- Life is just a mirror, and what you see out there, you must first see inside of you.
- Life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all.
quotations abote life
by: Larger than Life at 6:14 AM